Find me in E7



Although I don't know her name, let's call her Ashley, she was standing in a hotel room, eyes locked to the stranger in front of her. The other woman was blonde and had what many people calls, " bedroom eyes", let's call her Jennifer. This wasn't Jennifer's first time and she knew all the tricks to calm down her new client. She reaches out and grabs Ashley, pulling her closer. They lock lips and slowly make their way to the bed. The bed was entirely unique. It more closely resembled a long storage bench at the end of fancy bed. Having barely enough room to sit, Ashley lays down uncomfortably. While still in each other's embrace, Jennifer climbs on top. Suddenly, a woman walks in and points to Ashley, "take her!" she yells. Before Ashley was able to comprehend what was going on, Jennifer instantly jumped off, and the bed collapse into a coffin. The top slams shut, and the sound of muffled screams and scratching resonates the room.



I wake up in a cold sweat. My apartment was dimly lit with floating globes of light. Sitting there, I try to piece together my dream. Trying hard to remember what I can, like I typically do with every vivid dream I've had. Out of the darkness, a man takes a step forward. His long and slender figure was still apparent in the darkness. He takes several silent steps forward, as I'm sitting up and completely frozen in fear in my bed. He leans down and whispers in my ear, "Look for me in E7." I slowly turn my head towards him and a small globe of light wisps by and illuminates his thin face. I was barely able to make out his red hair when he suddenly vanishes. After a few moments, I get up and make my way through my cluttered living room.

   

I've been getting things ready for our big move and only got done with packing several boxes, along with disassembling some of the furniture. I walk towards my dinning room, carefully watching my step through the darkness. My parents were laying on an airbed next to a lamp. My mom was still up playing on her phone, while my step dad was turned towards the wall covering his eyes from the light. I quietly sit down next to her, and began telling her about my nightmare, and about the man who came to my bed when I woke. "It was just a dream, and I'm sure no one was there", she whispers. I tried to take her advice, but there was a nagging feeling in my gut. I start pondering to myself, "What did he mean by E7." Perhaps he means apartment E7, which was only a few buildings down from me.









Crystal Tran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom Guilt

Listen to the Sound of the Planet

Deformed Baby as Bait