Deformed Baby as Bait






My sister and I were stuck in a high rise building where power and water had stopped working. Oddly enough, Will Smith was also with us. We heard a crash and find a small creature break its way through the glass door and started scratching and biting the other residents. With each kill it grows larger. It was dark, with spines and arachnid like appendages. Fangs clearly visible and dripping with blood. As the sound of screeching terror echos behind us, we make our way towards the stairwell. We slammed the door behind us and from the sheer shock of what just happened, was left speechless in the dimly lit stairway. Our group now consisted of myself, my sister, Will, and a frail old man who we managed to take with us. We hid there between the 4th and 5th floor huddled in a corner. With fear and panic making it's way through the building, we quietly plan out our next move. We frustratingly went back and forth with ideas, but reached no consensus. Suddenly, Will stood up and told my sister and I to take the man down stairs to the basement level to hide, while he was going through with a plan he had in mind.



While we quietly made our way down the stairs, we continue to hear screams that would go off every few minutes. One victim after another being slaughtered by this creature. By the time we reached the bottom, we could almost feel the building shake from the enormous size the creature has grown. Suddenly everything went quiet. My sister and I looked at each other, but then got started by the walkie talkie's chime. Will told us that he is about to reach the penthouse suit and that we needed to stay quiet and take care of each other. We looked at each other and promised him. My sister looked at the old man and told me we need to find a way to clean him up, because he had soiled himself. We were able to find a shower that was conveniently built into the wall. We suddenly remembered that the water wasn't working, but decided to sit him down in the shower.



Upstairs Will hears a large flying creature circling the building from above. He shatters the window and starts making as much noise as possible, luring the creature from inside the building. Destruction follows behind as the large creature, claws and rampages up through the building trying to find the source of the sound. Just as the creature arrives in the room, Will lets out a handful of balloons, getting the attention of the flying creature above. The monster in the room, rushes towards Will, but ends up crashing through the glass. As it's long legs, now sticking out from the building, tries to wield itself back in, the flying creature swoops down and snatches it. In a sigh of relief, Will calls us from the walkie talkie and tells us to meet him in the penthouse suit. Suddenly, the power in the building comes on and the old man we left in the shower is getting soaked from the running water. I rush over to adjust the temperature and decide to leave him there.



We made our way to the top of the building and saw Will standing by the hole where the creature was taken. We stood there together momentarily glancing at the apocalyptic disaster outside. Monsters of all kinds, killing anyone who didn't find shelter, and buildings all over set ablaze. My sister and I walked around the room and noticed someone hiding under the sheets in the bed. I pulled the sheets off and noticed a well dressed man in his early twenties huddled in bed next to a baby. He told us he was scared and was hiding for the sake of his child. When I asked to see his baby, he eagerly showed it to me. But in complete terror, we all gasped at the child's deformity.  It's eyes were wide set, joints and limbs were twisted and decrepit. He asked me if I could just take it, as he tries to hand his baby to me. I said no, and he insisted that we should just kill it or use it for bait. I immediately yelled at him, telling him that it's his child and he should take care of it no matter what. He expresses that this situation is about survival now and that we don't have the means to take care of this child. Will and I looked at each other and began contemplating what to do next....


Crystal Tran

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom Guilt

Listen to the Sound of the Planet