Home Invasion Goes Right


My mom was walking around the house turning off some of the lights. Although it was approaching midnight, we were still up watching my boyfriend, Jordan, play a video game. I glanced over at her as shes makes her way towards the kitchen 's light switch. Looking at her briefly, I couldn't help but to notice her hair. Her hair was long, black, and shinny, and she had bangs similar to mine. I smiled and complimented her hair. She smiled back and said "Turn off the game and go to bed, we have to wake up early tomorrow." Cu, my 6 year old brother grumbled under his breath, but followed my mom to her room. My sister, Britney, and I start heading to the other bedroom, while my brother, Charlie, and Jordan stayed behind.



The room was spacious, but only had two beds. A twin size bed that my sister called dibs on and a queen size bed at the other side of the room. The arrangement of having to share a bed with Charlie wasn't the most ideal. But for the sake of my back, it was better then sleeping on the ground with Jordan. Several hours into the night and we were all still wide awake. We made small talk about what to bring, things to wear, and so on. When suddenly I felt a weird uneasy feeling in my stomach. That feeling some people call "the creeps", as if someone was watching you. I instinctively made my way to the partially opened blinds at the window by the closet. I peeked down and didn't see anything suspicious. Suddenly, I noticed a small shadow at the bottom of the window, but just before my eyes could make it out, it disappeared.



Frightened, I looked over at Jordan and whispered, "Anh, I think someone is out there." Britney suddenly gets up and rushes over to the other bed with Charlie. Jordan quietly walks over and looks down at the driveway. He makes out several shadows darting back and forth near the door and says, "Alright listen, make sure all the windows are locked." While Charlie and Britney were huddled in the bed, Jordan and I start going through each window to make sure they were locked. While I was checking, I made sure the blinds were completely shut and tight. I glanced over at Jordan and realized, he had opened one of the windows just slightly. Just before I was about to interject he puts his index finger to his lips, signaling me to keep quiet. He slowly walks towards the bedroom door and says, "I'll be back, I gotta use the bathroom", as he points to me to look out the window.



I was immediately enveloped in complete terror. There was a large head-shaped silhouette glaring in from the window. I fumbled to grab my phone from my pocket and unlocked the screen. I held it out, bringing my dimly lit phone closer to the window. I giggled to myself when I realized it was a Casper mask with a small hole conveniently cut out from the middle. After closer inspection, I realized it was a spy camera that was probably taped onto a stick and covered with a Casper mask for disguise. Looking back at Jordan, I realized he was gone. I quickly looked back out the window. Jordan was limping his way through the yard to chase away the men. When the porch light finally turned on, I noticed his left leg was chained to a bench that he was dragging through the yard. Yelling and fighting to get the chain off of him, he finally makes his way to one of the guys. The man holds a gun up to his head, but he was able to disarm him. He fires at some of the other guys when he gun suddenly jams. I rush out of the room and ran towards the side door.



As I'm standing at the door, I noticed a long blonde hair girl walking calmly towards my parents bedroom. I followed behind, synchronizing each of my steps with hers, so she wouldn't notice. She suddenly runs full force into the room and kicks a clipboard out of Cu's hand. I rush in after her. Leaping feet first, I lock my feet onto her other leg that was firmly planted on the ground. While in mid air, I twist myself trying to get her to lose balance. In a quick motion she flips over like a rag doll and slams her head onto the nightstand, killing her instantly. I look up from the ground to notice Cu clapping and cheering, while my parent were sitting on the ground next to a pile of clothes. Although, I was completely shocked about what just happened, I couldn't help but notice the clothes were placed between two yard sticks and my mom saying, "This should be enough."


Crystal Tran





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Listen to the Sound of the Planet

Classroom Guilt

Deformed Baby as Bait